Bearman Chair Arts Entrepreneur Fellowship
The purpose of the Bearman Chair Arts Fellows Program is to provide awards up to $1,500 to outstanding UMBC students interested in pursuing an entrepreneurial project in the arts. This award is associated with UMBC’s Alex. Brown Center for Entrepreneurship. The scholarship will be awarded for the spring semester 2022. The awards will be used either as academic scholarships or as “seed funding” to launch new ventures. Students will be required to register for MUSC 400.08: Special Projects for 3 credits and will be mentored by Dr. Linda Dusman, Bearman Chair in Entrepreneurship throughout the spring semester.
Students interested in applying for this award should have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Up to $1,500
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit a 1-2 page personal statement about their interest in entrepreneurship and outlining their proposed project. The statement should: 1. Describe the impact an academic scholarship will have on their future as an arts entrepreneur, and/or 2. Describe how the award money will be used as "seed funding" to launch a new arts venture. Submit a preliminary budget outlining anticipated expenses.
- Please submit an updated resume.
- Anticipated Date of Graduation:
- Check the boxes that apply to your involvement to date in entrepreneurship initiatives, either at UMBC or independently:
- If you selected Other for the previous question, please describe here.