Transfer Scholars in IT and Engineering (T-SITE)

Thank you for your interest in the T-SITE Scholars Program in the Center for Women in Technology at UMBC. This is a National Science Foundation-sponsored scholarship program for students majoring in chemical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, information systems, or mechanical engineering with a cumulative transfer GPA of 3.0 or higher. You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be eligible. You also must be a transfer student from a Maryland community college entering UMBC for the Fall 2022 semester or a student who transferred from a Maryland community college in the Spring of 2022. You must be enrolled for full-time study at the UMBC main campus throughout your time in the T-SITE program.

Applicants must:
1. Complete the UMBC Admissions application and T-SITE application by March 1, 2021.
2. Have a letter of recommendation from a STEM faculty member in their UMBC Common Application OR email directly to Dr. Ireland (

See more information at

Up to $8,000 annually for two years
Supplemental Questions
  1. T-SITE Background Information
    • Citizenship (proof should be available if requested)
    • Community college credits completed as of the end of the Fall semester 2021
    • Cumulative GPA
    • How did you find out about the T-SITE scholars program? (check all that apply)
    • Were you part of a STEM scholars program or STEM community at your community college? (If yes, please specify the name of the program.)
  2. Describe your short- and long-term academic goals, as well as your short- and long-term career goals.
  3. Discuss your experiences with and/or commitment to ensuring that technology workplaces are diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
  4. Why are you interested in the T-SITE Scholars program within the Center for Women in Technology and what makes you a good fit for this program?
  5. A letter of recommendation is required from a STEM faculty member (science, computing/IT, engineering, or math) at your community college. If you transferred to UMBC in Spring 2022, you can either provide a letter from a faculty member at your former community college or UMBC. Provide this person's name and email address below.
  6. Show 1 more