Cyber Scholars Program
Open for Incoming Freshmen, Transfers and Current UMBC Students
UMBC’s Cyber Scholars Program is geared towards preparing the next generation of cybersecurity professionals in an increasingly digital age. The program was launched through a generous grant from the Northrop Grumman Foundation and in partnership with the Center for Women in Technology (CWIT).
Cyber, invites all students to apply for an opportunity to become a scholar and receive:
- Mentor ship from faculty to help scholars customize their academic schedules and find internship and research opportunities;
- Complete technically focused cybersecurity courses in addition to courses in the computing sciences;
- At least one targeted cybersecurity internship at a local company or government organization
- Conduct original research within their field;
- Priority acceptance to live in the CWIT Living Learning Community housing quarters;
- A Cyber Scholar scholarship and more!
For more information, visit: Cyber Scholars Program